Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Zoo - Pictures - Trip

ZOO PICTURES



A few days ago I went to a sleepover and the next morning my bro's school was going to Austin Zoo and my mom said I had to go so I went and got some good pictures but now I dont have my camera. Here are some pictures I found online...




__________________________________________________________


Lately I have noticed that when little kids get hurt it takes them exactly 10 -5 seconds before they start to react. Some examples are when my friend's little sister got pegged in the stomach during a soccer game. Another example is when a small girl at the zoo tripped and fell down. Finally and example of this is when I wiped out = Crashed into a car on my skateboard when trying to talk to my bro. I have wondered why it is like this. I have done some research and here is what I found .... There are three steps after someone is hurt.
  • Shock – this is where there is difficulty believing in what has happened. For a short time, the person may be physically frozen in place and unable to respond.
  • Distress reaction – once the reality of the situation has sunk in, there is a state of high alert. Responding to a distressing or frightening event requires vast amounts of physical and mental energy.
  • Let-down – after the crisis is over, exhaustion may become obvious. Emotional reactions to the event are usually felt during the let-down phase. These three events seem to take 10 - 5 seconds


__________________________________________________________

Yesterday I got back from some relatives' house we had a great time. We went to a Greek food festival that had outstanding Gyro ( a Greek food with meat wrapped in pita) they also had some good dancing and music and some weird dancing. Later we went to the zoo and my favorite part was either intently watching the monkeys and wondering how they don't become bored just walking, sitting, listening, and eating. My other favorite part was when we got to go into a room with birds and I got a bird to go on my finger. The next day we had to go home.

1 comment:

Zuzu said...

That's an interesting post